Prolongation to the infinite
2017-ongoing. Inkjet Print, CAD projects, Using catalog. Custom Construction system: 17-M60x10 Module, 18M40 Module.
Description and concept:
The project consists in large-scale parametric wood sculptures where I interpret the Cuban norms of construction related with the calculation of temporal wood structures (NC 0053-179, 1988), inspiring by the Japanese tradition of wooden framework systems.
Technically every piece is an assembling of a custom module based on a triangle, following an octagonal rhythm that expands the form beyond the body of the structure pointing to the infinite (after the Rumanian-Cuban artist Sandu Darie's investigations).
- Title: Prolongation to the infinite
- Year: 2017-ongoing
- Technique: Inkjet Print, CAD projects, Using catalog. Custom Construction system: 17-M60x10 Module, 18M40 Module.
- June 7, 2019. As part of the solo show <H1> Hello Tokyo </ h1>. ARTnSHELTER Gallery, Tokyo, Japan.
- Direction y concept: Yonlay Cabrera Quindemil
- Civil engineering: Alejandro Velazquez.
- CAE advisor: Luis Diago
- Production: Tama Arts University, Meiji Institute for Advanced Study of Mathematical Science (MIMS).